Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Truth to Success

I came across this quote in my Franklin planner, and wanted to share it. Yes, I do own a Franklin planner. I like to be organized.
"Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others." -Marianne Williamson
So many of us feel unsuccessful in our lives due to either not making work deadlines, not making enough money, not having the title we think we deserve, or not being in a certain place in our lives as we expected or had planned years ago. All these so called "unsuccessful barometers" put so much pressure on us, and usually, it is social pressure.
When was the last time you felt successful just because you helped a friend in need, volunteered your time at a shelter, took care of a sick family member, or taught yoga class. All these examples are successful. I have to remember that myself. When I see smiles and peace across my students' faces, I remember that I am using my passion for yoga to help others. I also remember that I can use yoga to help myself.

No comments: