Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Meditation with Dogs

My dogs, Zen and Rocco, have been inspiring me to write this article. Recently, I moved my meditation room to the N.E. side of our home, in accordance to Vaastu principles. It so happens that this N.E. sun room used to be my meditation room when we first moved in, but then became my dogs' bedroom for a while.
Every morning, as I start to prepare my seat for meditation, my dog, Rocco, gets all comfortable on top of my blankets. Zen, likes to sit on the area rug nearby. As I move Rocco off my blankets so I can sit to meditate, he decides to sit right behind me, making sure he can still touch me with his head to my lower back. So adorable!
My dog, Zen, unlike the name, doesn't stay so still as I start to meditate. He likes to sit in front of me and lick my face. Okay, so maybe this isn't exactly considered meditation for me, but at least they are happy and relaxed in the surroundings of my meditation room. It is truly special!
After a while of this, I decide to move them out of my meditation room so I can be still and present. They keep themselves just outside the room, lying down to sleep. Once I do my meditation and some yin yoga sequences, I walk over to my dogs to love them and pass the positive energy of my practice to them. It is a beautiful experience!

No comments: