Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Powers

I recently attended the Sarah Powers Yin Yoga Teacher Training in Miami Beach. It was wonderful! I highly recommend taking a workshop or training with her if you get the chance. Her presence is calming and her knowledge of the meridians is extensive. Training with her has really inspired me to continue learning more about this wonderful practice. As soon as I got back home, I started to practice the kidney and liver sequences. I feel a strong urge to share this information with my students, family, and friends, and they all seem thankful for it.
I have been practicing Yin Yoga consistently, almost every day, for the last year, and have really grown to appreciate this practice. I asked Sarah if it was possible, with a consistant Yin Yoga practice, to replace my acupuncture treatments, and she said "yes." The best thing for me has been to interweave my yoga practice with Chinese medicine, and now that I have my Yin Yoga practice, I feel I have found a wonderful balance.
I continue to teach my Yin-Yang Yoga classes, combining the practices of Vinyasa and Yin Yoga. The students seem to enjoy the harmony of both practices. I LOVE YIN YOGA!

No comments: